zondag 6 maart 2016

DIY Postcard Art

As you may know, every month I make a diy for the Dutch magazine Fashionista. For this issue I made an artwork with used postcards. I love to receive nice postcards from friends and family for my birthday or just spontaneously (those are the best)! When it's a nice looking postcard I often keep it on a pinboard or on my refrigerator. But after a while you might get bored with them and throw them away, such a waste! Especially when you received it from someone you love. With this diy, you can keep those lovey postcards as an artwork on your wall!

This is what you do:

- Collect a couple of postcards and make a nice (colour coordinated) selection.
- Use a ruler and a pencil to draw triangles on the back of the postcards & cut them out. I made triangles of 4x5 cm and 10x15 cm. Cut some of them in halve so you can make a rectangle with them later on.
- Create a nice pattern with the triangles and make a rectangle. When you're satisfied you can glue the artwork onto a piece of paper. 
- When it's dry, cut out your artwork and put it into a frame. I used a frame with double glass so it looks a little bit like it's floating.

Give the artwork a nice place in your home so every time you look at it, it will remind you of some great moments and great people!







Pictures by Marij Hessel

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een leuke DIY, leuk bedacht en staat mooi op het plankje bij de rest van je interieur!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love your idea + postcard art, Marij! I am obsessed with geometric shapes, so I can't wait to try this out. It'll be a great way to repurpose some favorite postcards which retired from the wall.

    Jules

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...